Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I apologize for my mistakes and when my words are misconstrued

some people simply need to
be unhappy, they'll scrounge it out
of any given situation
taking every opportunity
to point out
every simple error
or oversight
and then become
hateful
dissatisfied
vengeful.

don't they realize that
there's so little
time
for each of us
in this strange
life to make things
whole?
and to squander
our lives living
like that
is nearly
unforgivable?

and that
there's never
ever
any way
then
to recover
all that which will be
thus lost
forever?
A Terrible Need by Charles Bukowski

3 comments:

Gina said...

yes Bukowski knew how to enjoy life
and time! But hate in the form of cynicism or sarcasm is quite enjoyable at times

as langston hughes said

"I play it cool
and dig all jive
That's the reason
I stay alive.
My motto,
As I live and learn,
is:
Dig and Be Dug
In Return."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting such great stuff. All this week I've been reading Charles Bukowski and listening to the Shout Out Louds, neither of which I'd never really gotten into before I saw this blog...and without them, my week definitely wouldn't have been the same... Woohoo for poetry and good music! :D I know that might sound nuts but I am totally for serious. Just passing time 'til the end of the term, class by day, living on the computer at night. It's not too bad! Hope things are going well,
~
:)

Oh whatever my name's Lindsay and I'm already a big fan.

Calvin said...

Hi Lindsay! I'm glad I've introduced you to Bukowski and the Shout out Louds, both of which I rather enjoy as well.

I like what you said: "class by day, living on the computer at night." I feel like I can relate...