Friday, November 30, 2007

This is my blog, these are my thoughts

This is the very first post on my blog, as you are already well aware of, I'm sure.

At this point, I am not very certain how often I will update this blog. It may become an "of the moment" kind of deal, or I may become obsessed with it (as I have with many other things) and, therefore, frequently update it.

However, in the end, this is my blog, these are my thoughts.

I often find myself writing. Often times it comes sporadically; I'll be in class or at home studying and it'll just hit me. I'll grab a pen and some paper, or bust out my laptop, but either way, time willing, I'll be writing in moments. I've discovered that trying to hold back the urge to write only makes me want to write more. "It must be something important!" I think, "I don't want to lose my thoughts. Who knows if I'll ever think about this again." So, when it's time to write, it's time to write.

There have been times where I am in no place or situation where I will be able to write. I'll be walking back from class, or heading out to dinner. All of a sudden I'll become overwhelmed with some thoughts of new poetry or a new story. I'll keep running it through my head, but I know I lose a lot of it. It's a constant battle of trying to retain information; my mind wants to wander but I know if I do I'll forget important details I've already covered.

On this blog, I intend to write mostly events of my life and thoughts that have come up during the process, but I'm certain I'll occasionally attach some poetry and short literature. Often times it'll be written work I've stumbled upon, but I do plan on adding some of my own work on here.

People have been telling me for a long time that I should create a blog. Some place to post thoughts. Some place to express myself. Well, I guess this is it. I can't imagine a better time.

This is my blog, and these are my thoughts.

No comments: