Thursday, June 12, 2008

But as daytime takes hold, these thoughts are repressed.

I had a dream that I met a girl in a dying world.

It was all coming apart. Hairline cracks in reality widened to yawning chasms. Everything was going dark and light all at once, and there was sound like breaking waves rising into a piercing scream at the edge of hearing. I knew we didn't have long together.

She grabbed me and spoke a stream of numbers into my ear. Then it all went away.

I woke up. The memory of the apocalypse faded to mere fancy, but the numbers burned bright in my mind. I wrote them down right away.
42.39561 -71.13051
2007 09 23 14 38 00

They were coordinates. A place and a time, neither one too far away. What else could I do? When the day came, I went to the spot and waited.

As it turns out, wanting something doesn't make it real.
xkcd.com

No comments: