Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Dear My Dearest One,

It's not that we don't know how to let go, it's the mere thoughts written in the past that we had come to cherish & can't stop living in. It's somewhat true that people might never change but it's also somewhat true that people grow up. Growing up doesn't necessarily mean someone has matured, growing up can go either way. Look deep inside yourself & search the meaning as to why a person can't leave your thoughts, to why he still lingers in your dreams, & why he still walks to the beat of your heart? Is it really him that you can't let go? Is it really him that you can't come to stop dreaming about? Or is it simply the idea of him that you had engraved in your head in which you cant distinguish the truth from a thought?

I used to once love a person who never once threatened her love for me, but just as the leaves on a cold autumn day withers away, our innocent infatuation came to an end. It took awhile for me to realize that who I missed, who I longed for & who I still held on to so strongly to was not who I once knew. The love that we had for each other was a beautiful portrait in which neither I nor she can deny, but it was later on that I realized is best to savor those moments instead of allowing it to destroy me. It's best to remember her for the person she once was & not the one who I simply can't let go of.

You see, there's a big difference to whom he once was to you & to who he is now in which you cant stop seeing in your dreams. Even if you had the chance to hold his hands again & to feel the beating of his heart next to yours, will his heart still play the same melody? Will his fingers still tap to the same beat? The innocent love that you once had, do you seriously think that it would remain the same? The years had gone by & many branches on a tree have had different leaves grow on them year in & year out, nothing stays the same. The only thing that you can do now is cherish the good memories & accept that this is now, today is what is important & not yesterdays broken promises.

Litre Of Tears by Aya Kito.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is terrifically beautiful and bittersweet like the aches of life.

I enjoy your blog and what you share here.