Friday, May 2, 2008

Show the demoralization of mankind

I began some small talk with the girl who used to work the cash register at the closest Safeway. As she scanned my things, I made a daring compliment of romantic nature. Startled, she said it was a sweet gesture and gave me a nervous smile. Her cute and timid behavior sparked something inside me that I haven't felt in weeks. I asked her if she would like to go for ice cream with me. She claimed to have a boyfriend.

I haven't had the nerve to ask anyone out since. The rejection has been a numbing pain... I wonder, as I lay in bed, when will I grow out of this Hollywood-like behavior? At what point will I grow out of this hopeless romantic stage in my life?

What will bring my courage back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want you to change. I don't want to miss the you I so thoroughly enjoy.