Thursday, January 24, 2008

I can't do this, send help soon, writes a girl in a spacesuit staring at the moon.

Confessions of a Broken Heart

Everyday I just want to tell you everything: how I feel, how I want to be with you, how much in love I really am with you. But I can never tell you that you're everything to me, everything I ever wanted, dreamed, desired. I can't have you, and it kills me. Every time I pass you in the hallway and I see you my heart melts and you bring a smile to my face. What happened to us? We talked all the time last year in 8th grade, but now we barely speak. I know why I can't speak to you. The question is, do you? My reason is because every time I drift off into your eyes, I can’t breathe, all of time stops and every emotion felt is worth ten fold that of another time. I can't help it anymore, when you took me into the library in the 8th grade you told me you were glad it was me, and then you asked me to go out into the hallway. I have wondered since then why you took me out to the hallway, and if it wasn't for the librarian yelling at us, I would have kissed you right then and there. But I didn't, and that is my fault. If I had the chance to experience it again, I would have kissed you. But when you told me you were glad it was me, I was breathless, speechless, in a whole other world trying to gather whether or not it was real. All I wish for now is to know that you loved me even for that fraction of a second, because it meant the world to me. It may be years from now but one day we may run into each other and I just know I'll get the butterflies again like I did everyday you smiled at me. People may ask me one day how many times I've been in love and I'll say, well I've had my share of crushes, but I've only been in love once. So, thank you for making me fall in love with you like you did. And I know I'm just rambling at this point, and I can see the ink start to weaken, but some people may ask me one day how I would describe my first love. My answer: Romeo and Juliet, because that is the essence of true love and you made me feel true love. If you read this, listen for the girl who knows how Juliet felt, because this is her and I hope you find me before it's too late for this love to still last. Because I'm slowly fading away, and you're now just a memory to me when you walk past me in the high school hallway, but I still get the butterflies every damn time you smile at me, all I can do is smile back, and cry inside saying, did he ever love me? Did he love me like I fell so deeply in love with him, that at times I think I will never recover? So I sit back and do nothing, because I can't do a thing. Please, please, the only thing I can ask of you is that when the next girl falls for you don't break her like you broke me.

-Kristen

P.S.
It's dangerous to confuse children with angels.
Anonymous online confession

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

who is kriste?