Monday, January 14, 2008

sad dude is mad for a hot chick

I have a huge crush on a guy friend of mine. He’s incredibly handsome and brilliant, but he’s horribly shy and insecure from being picked on for years by people he calls friends. I think its created a trust issue in him, and I also think that he might like me but he’s just too insecure or afraid to go for it. I get more of his attention than any other girl we hang out with. I’m not some raging hottie or anything, but I’m definitely more popular and outgoing than he, and I think that my social status intimidates him. Perhaps he thinks my interest isn’t genuine? Still, I love being around him even if he’s not into me, because it’s just nice to think (even if it’s not true) that someone enjoys your company or trusts you more than they trust others. I feel powerful in my effect on him and I love finally feeling like I have some sort of influence on him - just that my opinion means something to him, he trusts me, etc. We don’t talk about much, but I feel comfortable in our silence, and I realize that it’s more his fault than mine. Sometimes I’m just dying to lean over and rest my head on him. I look through some of these “sad dude is mad for a hot chick” confessions and I wonder if any of them are him writing about me.

-taken from online confession forum

No comments: